High Speed Tubular Centrifuge, also called Tubular Bowl Separator, is a kind of fine separation equipment suitable for suspensions with thin concentration, fine particles, and small density difference solid-liquid separation, or liquid-liquid-solid separation. It is indispensable equipment for pharmaceutical, food, chemical, biological product, fermentation broth, beverages, blood products and other industries. High-Speed Tubular GENPRICE GENTAUR Centrifuge working principle is that materials with different specific gravity are subject to different centrifugal forces when rotating at high speed, so as to achieve the purpose of separation.
Corning 15 mL and 50 mL Centrifuge Tubes.
Materials: Corning centrifuge tubes are available in two standard materials: polypropylene (PP) and polyethylene terephthalate (PET). Polypropylene tubes provide excellent chemical resistance and mechanical strength. They are strong, moderately rigid, and well-suited for most disposable centrifuge applications. PET tubes offer excellent optical clarity for ease of measurement, observation, and test recording.
Caps: These tubes are available with two styles of polyethylene screw-top caps: the advanced Corning CentriStar cap and the original plug seal cap. The CentriStar cap has an easy-on/easy-off flat top and offers advanced ergonomics with its wider knurls and roll-over edge design for easier gripping. This leakproof design comes with a revolutionary plug feature that prevents seepage when used under recommended conditions. The plug seal cap is an original Corning design featuring a contoured plug for a tight, secure seal. This Corning plug seal product design has successfully passed the 95 kPa (14 psi)
pressure test as referenced in IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations.
Temperature Stability: The recommended working temperature range for Corning centrifuge tubes is 0°C to 40°C. The suitability of these tubes for storage below 0°C depends on both the solution and the storage conditions. It is strongly recommended that a trial
run be performed under actual conditions to test the suitability of the tubes for frozen
storage. Do not freeze tubes using Corning foam racks.
Chemical Compatibility: The mechanical strength, flexibility, color, weight, and dimensional stability of all plastic centrifuge tubes are affected to varying degrees by the
chemicals with which they come in contact. Specific operating conditions, especially
temperature, relative centrifugal force (RCF), rotor type, carrier design, and run length
will also affect tube performance. Always conduct a trial run to determine proper
conditions before use.
Characteristics of Corning Centrifuge Tubes .
The following information is provided to serve as a general guideline for determining suitability of Corning centrifuge tubes for your applications. In addition, Corning recommends following the procedures outlined by the centrifuge manufacturer, as well as conducting a trial run to determine proper conditions before beginning any critical applications.
Corning centrifuge tubes are tested for leakage. They should not break or leak if used in a properly balanced rotor with suitable carriers, holders, and adapters that fully support the tubes when run in accordance with the guidelines in this section. These tubes are intended for one-time use only; reuse is not recommended as breakage or leakage may occur.
The recommended working temperature range for Corning centrifuge tubes is 0°C to 40°C. The suitability of these tubes for storage below 0°C depends on both the solution and the storage conditions. In general, the polypropylene and PET tubes are more resistant to stress at low temperatures than polystyrene. It is strongly recommended that a trial run be performed under actual conditions to test the suitability of the tubes for frozen storage.
Suggestions for Safe Centrifugation
- When centrifuging pathogenic organisms, specimens known or suspected of being infectious, or any other potentially infectious or hazardous materials, approved safety containment systems should be used. Contact your centrifuge manufacturer for appropriate accessories or recommendations.
- Proper balancing and distribution of the load in a centrifuge is critical for optimum performance and to prevent damage to the tubes or centrifuge. Opposing buckets or loads should always be balanced within the range specified by the manufacturer. Tubes should always be distributed in the buckets with respect to the center of rotation as well as the pivotal axis of the bucket. Failure to do this may prevent the bucket from achieving a horizontal position during the centrifugation run. Uneven separations or tube failure may result.
- These centrifuge tubes are intended for use by persons knowledgeable in safe laboratory practices. Failure can result from surface damage, exceeding the specified RCF values, using unsuitable support systems, improper temperatures, or incompatible chemicals.
- Chemical Compatibility of Disposable Plastic Centrifuge Tubes The mechanical strength, flexibility, color, weight, and dimensional stability of all plastic centrifuge tubes are affected to varying degrees by the chemicals with which they come in contact. Specific operating conditions, especially temperature, RCF, rotor type, carrier design, and run length will also affect tube performance.
Filtration centrifuges (filter centrifuges or screen centrifuges)
The used filter centrifuge has a perforated drum (similar to a spin dryer) which is covered on the inside by a suitable (harmonized to the respective product) filter insert.
These filter inserts in a centrifuge can, for example, be:
- Filter cloth (peeler centrifuge, inverting filter centrifuge, pendulum centrifuge)
- Wire mesh of perforated plate (worm screen centrifuge)
- Slot screen (pusher centrifuge, swarf centrifuge)
In the centrifuges, the suspension flows from the inside to the outside through the filter insert and the perforated wall of the drum, whereby the solid material is restrained by the filter insert. Depending on the type of centrifuge, the restrained solid material can be removed from the centrifuge as follows:
- manually (tubular centrifuge, certain types of pendulum centrifuges)
- periodically: by a peeling blade being periodically driven into the drum (peeler centrifuges)
- periodically: by the filter cloth periodically being inverted (inverting filter centrifuge)
- continuously: by the push bottom performing oscillating movements (pusher centrifuge)
- continuously: by a screw conveyor permanently rotating with the centrifuge at a different speed on the inside of the drum (worm screen centrifuge)
- continuously: by an axially oscillating conical drum (Sliding discharge centrifuges)
Filter centrifuges include:
- Peeler centrifuges
- Pusher centrifuges
- Inverting filter centrifuges
- Worm screen centrifuges (Conturbex and Konturbex)
- Pendulum centrifuges .
Sedimentation centrifuges don’t have perforated solid wall drums. They use centrifugal force to accelerate the natural deposition process of suspensions or to separate emulsions. Sedimentation centrifuges, in which the suspension and the clear fluid are constantly drained off are called overflow centrifuges.
Solid wall screw centrifuges (decanter) consist of a fast turning cylindrical-conical rotor and an inside screw which rotates at a different speed to discharge the solid material deposits. They are of importance, among others, during the dehydration of sewage sludge, of mineral sludges (e.g. in the treatment of ore or china clay) and in biotechnology. Sedimentation centrifuges have solid wall drums (not perforated). These centrifuges are used for the treatment of suspensions.
As a rule the liquid to be centrifuged in a sedimentation centrifuge is constantly added and constantly drained off. For this reason they are called overflow centrifuges.
Recombigen Centrifuge Tube (50 ml, Pack of 50 pcs)
- Centrifuge tubes with conical bottom are available in two sizes ie 15 ml and 50 ml Moulded in Polypropylene, these tubes are clear, strong and safe
- These autoclavable tubes are provided with printed graduations on the outer surface
- The built in seal ring in the cap makes these tubes absolutely leakproof
- These tubes can withstand forces upto 7500xG and 12000xG for 15 ml and 50 ml tubes respectively
Centrifuge Tube And Centrifuge Tube Box
We are a leading Manufacturer of Centrifuge Tube 15 ML EO Sterile Individual Packing, Multifunctional Centrifuge Tube Rack, RP(I)06 Microcentrifuge tube 2.0 ml, Microcentrifuge tube 1.5 ml, Micro Centrifuge Tube 0.5 Ml and Centrifuge Tube 50 ML from New Delhi, India